Monday, September 14, 2009

Winding Up to Wind Down

091409: I'm going to post early today, because there are many things happening today and I don't know entirely where the day will take me. I owe you, the reader, the customer, many photos from the summer and I'm still thinking about them, but for right now I'm going to put them aside. I'm going to concentrate on picking up my camera again and enjoy the thrillllll of the capture.

Yes, I said thrilllllll! I have always enjoyed, loved the art of photography and it is exciting to me to capture a scene from my viewpoint, that I now share with the world. I often take multiple photos of the same scene, but each one is just slightly different. And I know which photo is the best, too, when I've captured it. Often I say outloud, "That's the one." And even later when I'm reviewing all photos on my computer I can see that I was right and that one photo is the "one." Anyways, I digress ('cuz I need more coffee.)
So yesterday, we took the fingers off the North dock - she's winding down her seasonal commission. It was quite the laborious task for me since I chose the job of actually removing the fingers vs. driving "Big Blue." (I like driving "Little Blue" - but she's in the shop right now, stripped down to two tires, etc., having multiple, mid-life procedures done...) So today, after yesterday, I'm suffering from "single jack arm." I'm more of a "hammer" girl, so the single jack wore me out a little!
After we finished with the fingers, my dad came down for a visit and at some point we were in the office together. We listened to a few messages on the machine left earlier in the morning. We were quite amused to hear several messages from a friends/customers that were watching the finger-ectomy on our LakeCam! Sometime soon we will be taking the North dock out of the water. Wait until you see that - my job is to run around and save all the little crawdads!
I like that job even better than driving Little Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment