Saturday, March 13, 2010

Creatures of Habit

031310: The other day my errands called me to town. My list in hand, I set off for the day to check it off. As I drove through the country side I realized my list loomed on the seat next to me but nature was now calling for my attention.

Today I watched the stormy clouds kiss the snow covered mountaintops. Mr. Sunshine peaked through now and then again, reminding me to be patient as he was returning soon to stay with Springtime in tow. I laughed at all the little lambs prancing around their stoic mothers. Not a care in the world was upon those little lambs. I saw the newborn calves huddled in fields. Only their heads visible above the foot high alfalfa which lent them cover. I wished all the newborns warmth against the incoming storm.

And Target was having a sale.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment