Sunday, March 14, 2010

One More "Day"


031410: We have one more day until we officially open for the 2010 season. Which is great, 'cept for the fact that that day is only 23 hrs. long! When we are on countdown to opening, you could say that I'm not a big fan of the start of "Daylight Savings Time." This would fall under the higher category of "I'm not a big fan of anything that takes away from my sleep." People knocking on my door, barking dogs and the telephone ringing all at inappropriate hours also fall under this main category.

I know that there are other non-fans to the start of DLS out there, too. And they are easy to spot because they walk around for the first few days after saying things like: "I stayed up to watch the 11 o'clock new last night which is okay, because it was really 10 o'clock. But then I started watching Leno after and didn't fall asleep until after 12:30am, which is really 11:30am, and that is way past my bedtime." Or: "He wants me to meet him at 10am today. But we scheduled that appt. before DLS, so do I meet him at 10am or 11am?"

And while I'm at it, who decided that DLS should begin in March? That is just ridiculous. I'm going to start my own rule about DLS. Every morning DLS will end, and every afternoon, it will start again. That way I can sleep in and close my office early. I think I'm onto something here...

RE: Photo.... David & his cat, Ollie out for a morning walk. That cat follows us around, comes to us when we call him and he loves to walk out on the docks (whether in the water or not.) David was out early this day, inspecting the dock before we put it in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment