Friday, February 18, 2011

After the After, But Before the Next...

021811: The second snow storm snuck in yesterday and quietly left 11 inches of snow upon us overnight. No snow drifts, just a nice gentle never ending snow! And just about a hour ago, it started again and it is supposed to snow all night long. Again. Again, Again....

I just took this photo before posting this blog. The lake had smoothed out and mirrored the hills across the lake. The patch of ice that had started out on our shoreline this morning had now moved off shore. It's gray, quiet and cold.
Yesterday afternoon, before the snow started again, I spied what I thought was a juvenile Bald Eagle. I was wrong! As he escaped my presence I could see that it was a Red Tailed Hawk.
11 inches of snow. Everywhere.
We'll just see what this scene looks like tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment