Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Fat Lady Hadn't Sung


011009: Everyday I wake up and snap a few photos to make sure that I have something in the camera if the day gets in my way and I can't take more. This morning I had a chance to take a number of photos, but I wasn't terribly thrilled with any because somewhere in the valley someone was burning. To say the least there was haze, much like smog, hovering over the lake. I was gone all day long and this afternoon after returning home I was in our bedroom when I glanced out the window. The moon was just coming up over the hill. I ran out and snapped about 20 photos as I watched the moon rise. I walked back inside, and no sooner had I set my camera down I saw the moonrise was changing. The dusk of the evening was nearly complete and the moon was casting a beam across the lake, plus the moon looks as if it is resting on a small pillow. I thought you might like to see both photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment