Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm Going to Buy a Foghorn Soon if THIS Keeps Up!

120409: Woke up this morning and it was the first day I could see the lake in the morning in quite a few days. The cold nights and warmer lake water has been socking us in with freezing fog until noon somedays. Just a few miles up the highway and above the lake the sun is shining on a bright day. The freezing fog, also known as pogonip fog, clings to everything with growing ice crystals. Very pretty, but very cold!


Sitting at my desk in the house looking out my kitchen window. Nothing but fog!

Pogonip fog clings to everything. Very pretty, if fog can be pretty.

Topaz Lake covered in fog. The temperature difference is about 10 degrees higher just a few miles up the road. 30 degrees at the Park, 40 degrees from this vantage point.


This morning's sunrise. Very little fog over the lake initially, but as I sit here the fog is creeping up into the Park. I can't see the lake right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment