Monday, May 3, 2010

Work, Shmurk

050310: The last few days have felt like spring. Finally. The warmth of the sun, the gentle breezes, the calm of the lake are beckoning all to come outside. It's hard to concentrate on the work to be done on days like this....
Sometime during the day yesterday the feeling of joy overcame me. It happens many times of the year/our season, but it only happens the "first" time once a year. Yesterday was that day. Much like today, the Park was alive with our fishermen and our fisherwomen. The social level and pure friendliness of all were abundant. Every one's joy was evident. My realization of this was because Mother Nature smacked me upside the head and told me to put my work down and look around. Topaz Lake and our Park makes so many people so happy. This, undoubtedly, would bring myself joy, too.
This photo is of our new neighbors. They are working hard on projects in their new home, but they find the time to enjoy the reason why they moved here. Then again, I don't think they had a choice when the lake beckoned to them, too. Or maybe Mother Nature smacked them, too? I'll have to ask them when I see them next.

No comments:

Post a Comment