Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Carpe Diem

011911: If you have ever thought about or have the chance to live at lake, do it. I highly recommend it. Years ago, when we took over the Park from my parents, my mom told me to take time to enjoy the view as often as possible. She regretted that during their tenure here that she had been too wrapped up in the work required to really appreciate the view out their back door. That advice has stuck with me all these years since. Maybe that is why I started the photo blog, to preserve the memories. And maybe that is why we installed the LakeCam, to share the daily view with you.

This last week has been a spectacular week of sunrises. And you can thank my mom for my want to photograph these for you. (And for me, too....)

011311, 6:52 am. The early morning clouds become a canvas for the pastels of pink and purple.
011311, 7:01 am. Nearly 10 minutes later the pastels transformed before my eyes to a fire in the sky.

011411, 6:50 am. This morning was a combination of all the previous morning's colors.

011511, 6:50 am. And on this morning, same colors, but bolder, sharper strokes.

011811, 5:53 am. At this early morning hour I caught the beginning of the sunrise. I thought the simplicity of the view was so pretty. There are about five visible ripples (rings) on the lake. Those are from fish jumping to catch their breakfast.

011811, 6:03 am. Same morning! You can see the thin layer of clouds to the far lower left of the photo. However, as the sunrise progressed it touched all the awaiting clouds in the sky. This may not look so spectacular in photo, but in person it was breathtaking. I actually called David out from his man cave to see this as the entire sky, as far as we could we could see in all directions, was aglow with orange puffy clouds. We were engulfed in the beauty of this morning's sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment