Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mother Nature's Paint

010811: I'm in the middle of a painting project right. Finally getting around to painting our extra bedroom after 10 years of living with the flower wallpaper we inherited from my parents' era in this house. No offense to my mom, but I'm not much of flower-wallpaper-kind-of-girl. I prefer solid colors, to which painting is a perfect solution for me. But I do like paint textures and have experimented with them in different rooms in our house. Not all textures have been successful, but fortunately I like to paint so I can always start over again.... Boy, if any of you are reading in between the lines here this sound a lot like digital photography!

My recent photos of the pogonip fog have had me thinking of nature's colors and textures. The fog, if you ever have a chance to see it in person, it is just breathtaking. It's like thousands upon millions of miniature icicles that cling to anything and everything. And when the sun warms the surrounding air to the right temperature the icicles release and you would swear that millions of diamonds are falling upon you as they sparkle in the air....

A closer view of the pogonip on some twigs on one of our younger Honey Locusts.

It looks snow covered, but it's sagebrush encased in pogonip fog. After the fog melts, it's brown winter coat will return.

Our newly trimmed trees back dropped by the diminishing pogonip fog.

This now has become one of my favorite photos. Fog frozen tree, icy blue winter sky, receding fog...

These are the neighboring trees to the tree in the preceding photo. Winter stopped by a few weeks ago and decided to stay awhile. Mother Nature has painted our world shades of blue and white and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment