Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stupid Duck Story

021109: I was out feeding the ducks today. Looks like I was standing out in the water, doesn't it? Not today. I was standing at the edge of the water on the natural curve of the shoreline.

Though three winters ago I did wade out into the frozen lake to save our stupid ducks from the ice surrounding them and closing them in about a 1/4 mile down from our Park. You would think they would fly away. But NOooooo., they are just stupid ducks. So David & I hatched a plan to save those stupid ducks from becoming sitting ducks for the eagles. (Sorry, but it happens.) It made perfect sense that I went into the water (with leaky waders) and David stayed on the shoreline with our kayak paddles to herd the ducks into a dog kennel we brought along. I succeeded in getting them out of the water, but they would have nothing to do with the dog kennel so we walked our ducks home. I'm sure we were a sight to see: Two people with kayak paddles, one in waders, walking two ducks down the shoreline. They were quite happy to rejoin all of the smart birds who had taken refuge in the open water we had provided in front of our Park.

Stupid ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment