Monday, February 9, 2009

In the Hour of Five

020909am: I woke pre dawn, pre-light. WHHHYYY? My question was answered as dawn arrived. Pre-coffee, I stepped out and truely saw a light and color show I hadn't experienced before. Sorry to say that the photo didn't capture the colors. Snow had fallen overnight, which always brightens the early morning light. The snow was reflecting the colors of the sky, but the lake was silvery steel blue - and entirely different blue than the sky and snow. It was mesmerizing, and very cold!

020909pm: Later today as the sun was setting, I noticed the last of the day's light resting on the Sweetwater Mountain range to the Southeast.

It was quiet, the lake was calm, and still very cold outside! And the scene was pretty. If only cameras had peripheral vision like we see. Sorry to say that a wide angle lens is not the same as peripheral vision. Use your imagination as the entire sky, lake and hills were the same colors as far as I could see to the North, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment