Tuesday, February 10, 2009

High Five

021009: What? Have you had too many eagle photos lately? If so, let me give you a little forewarning: You haven't seen the last of them! If I'm lucky enough, I will photograph them as often as I can.

Why? Imagine this, if you have to: If you live in an area where eagles do not live, then you cannot imagine the beauty of these birds. Whether they are hunting, scouting or soaring the midday sky. They are captivating birds. They must be photographed!





Two years ago I was lucky (beyond lucky) to photograph an eagle sitting in a tree in our Park. She let me walk up to her and under her before she flew away. She was maybe 40 feet above me. I can appreciate now how special that moment was, because in the two years since every eagle I see keeps a safe distance.

Yesterday's photo was about scenes during the 5 o'clock hour. Today's "five" refers the feathers on the tip of her left wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment