Monday, June 14, 2010

If the Shoe Fits, Describe It!

061410: So, yeah, the Walker River, the West Walker River to be specific. It's a running. High. Wide. Fast. Heavy. I personally have never seen it running so swiftly. (Oops, there's another adjective!) We went on a little tour the other day to check it out.

Down we went to Topaz Lane and passed over the bridge. The river was at it's capacity, which was at floodstages. It was brown, mirky, & cold. (Adjective, adjective, adjective!) For some reason there were MANY cliff swallows flying around. Funny, since there weren't any nearby cliffs....

We ended up at the Day Use rest area about half way down the Walker River Canyon. Ummm, yeah, lots of water. I was kickin' myself because I forgot my video camera. I was amazed at the water flow and couldn't help but think of all the other times I had seen the river look like nothing more than a large babblin' brook. Check out this photo for a comparison: Click here!

On the way back to the Park we stop near high point as I wanted to capture the river inlet to the lake. Yes, I agree. Wow! And muddy, too. Yuck.

Oh, and did I mention that we stopped to coo at the little bebe goatlets on Topaz Lane? Well, David cooed, I took photos. Okay, I cooed a little, too. Will you look at those little bitty horns? So adorable. Yes, I know they are just baby goats, but "bebe goatlets" fits their adorableness. Yeah, I know, that's not a word either.
I know. Too many adjectives. But how can I describe the beauty around us without adjectives?



No comments:

Post a Comment