Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Girl, A Grandma and Their Golf Car

061410: If you are a girl and you drive around your golf car more than your car, shouldn't it be adorned with flowers? I think so.

About 8 years ago, my grandma downsized her home and moved to a retirement community. I was the lucky recipient of her golf car. Of course I paid for it, gladly. And I desparately wanted her golf car as I had fond memories of riding with her around her mobilehome park community. She would always say, "Come on... Let's go for a ride, Julie."

Not long after I acquired her little red "cart" she corrected me: "It's not a cart. A cart has three wheels. A car has four wheels. So it's a golf CAR." I don't even care if she is right or not. If grandma says it's a golf car, then it's a golf car.

This little beauty is a G-16, 36-volt Yamaha and I love it. Our other golf cars are faster, but they are not P.O.B.M.G. (Previously Owned by my.... well, you get the picture...)

Now a few years back, my beloved grandma passed away, but nearly everytime I jump on my golf car I think of her. And if you hear me say aloud, "Come on Grandma, let's go for a ride...." well, now you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment