Monday, April 20, 2009

Post to Post

042009: I hunted all over for this photo! I knew I had scanned it several years ago, but with all the recent computer changes, it was buried in the deep recesses of any one of my computers. Finally I found it though.

Actually it's not an original photo but a postcard from "Frasher's Foto." I occasionally get lucky to find old postcards of the lake for sale on the internet (gotta love eBay!) I have more postcards and pictures of days gone by that I'll post in the future. (Hint: Do any of you remember the "Pinenut Motel?" Do you remember when it was "Pinky's Motel?") And I have one (1!) postcard of "Topaz Trailer Park" from the Tommy & Delila Thompson era of ownership. I'll post that, too.

I love this one because the lake/shoreline looks uninhabited and that gravel road! What can I say about that gravel road!?!! Fabulous! The photo was taken in the 1930's and my guess is the vantage point was somewhere just above where the Lodge (would eventually be) where Hwy 395 curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment