Friday, April 10, 2009

Pets are Welcome

041009: I don't know what made me think of Turbo today. But think of Turbo, I did.
What is sad is I don't remember all the little details about Turbo but I'm going to muddle through here... Turbo is a girl, I think. She is between 1 and 15 years old, closer to 13. I think. Oh, I do know this! She has been visiting Topaz Lake RV Park with her "parents" since she was a little turtlette.
And I know this, too: It wasn't until a few years ago that I knew a turtle visited us every year. (How observant am I?) I was out and about one day and came across Turbo's "dad" walking her in the shallow pool by the fish cleaning station. Fascinated was I to learn that they traveled with a turtle every year! Turbo's dad insisted on taking photos of me posing with his "daughter." It was kind of fun though. The last time I picked up a turtle was 10 years ago (sea turtle in Grand Caymans) and prior to that - itty bitty turtles in our aquarium when I was a tot. They never lasted along enough though to go on vacation with us at the Park...
EDIT: 04/16/09: I have just been informed by Turbo's owner that her correct age is indeed 15; she is a California Desert Tortoise; and she never complains while traveling!

1 comment:

  1. Turbo (alias Freddie) California desert tortoise
    Born September 14, 1993
    When traveling, never says: When are we going to get there?
    I'm hungry
    I have to go to the bathroom
    Thus, unlike kids, a perfect traveling companion!

    ReplyDelete