Friday, April 24, 2009

Skiing at Topaz Lake

042409: I've been spending some time in the evening organizing all digital photos and scanning film photos. I'm getting ready for a project I'm hoping to complete in about a month.
Meanwhile I have been enjoying going down memory lane with old photos. And this one is another favorite!
This photo was taken by my mom - great action pose mom! It's the mid 80's, and someone came up with the brilliant idea that we should go skiing on the beach that winter. So my brother & I strapped on our "rock" skis and we would start out up by the highway and ski all the way down to the water's edge. We even built a small snow ramp from which to jump to make that 300' slope more exciting. Then dad would pick us up in our "rural ski lift" and tow us to the top of the hill again. I remember that day very clearly. We never skiied again on the beaches of Topaz Lake, but maybe we weren't supposed to..... so that this one day would be so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment