Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Big Bird

040109: The pelicans came home a few days ago. Truly beautiful birds. I'll try to get a photo of them up close in their current plumage. They are wearing a sweeping long feathered cap and have a large hump on top of their beak. Both apparently make them look more attractive in breeding season. I think they look like hippies with a large nose.

American White Pelicans. I thought you would enjoy photos of these birds up close. I took these several years ago on the day the California Department of Fish & Game stocked the lake from our shoreline. I think the birds (there were many) caught their limit that day.
I'll have to plan to get photos of fish stocking day this year and I'll tell a story then about burping fish. Curious, aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment