Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Honey Bunn

042309: When I posted the photo a few days ago of myself at age 7 I knew that I wanted to post these photos soon. Meet the Past & the Present.
The Past: Circa 1970. Top to Bottom: Me, Teri, Brian & Jeff. Follow the story closely....I'm sitting in the driver's seat of what was Teri & Jeff's dad's (Tony) boat at the time. Teri, Jeff & Brian are the grandchildren of the original owners of the Park, Tommy & Delila. Not long after this photo was taken my dad bought this boat from Tony. And in 1984, my parents bought the Park from Tommy and Delila. In 2001, my hubby & I bought the Park from my parents. ....It was pointed out to me several years ago when I hung this photo in my office, that the photo seemed ironic in a way. Way back in 1970 I sat in the driver's seat of what was to become my parents', and now I sit in the driver's seat of what was my parents.
(I love the old spongy life vests and my bathing cap with the fancy sunflower!)
The Present: 2008. L-R: Taylor & Megan. Sunning themselves on the deck of the same boat. I did the same thing when I was their age. Megan is my niece, granddaughter to my parents. Taylor is the daughter of a childhood friend from Topaz & were we grew up. Taylor and Megan are part of the next generation of Topaz.

And for the boat enthusiast: This a 1958 Biesemeyer with 450 Chevy engine. The accelerator is a hand lever - you can see it in the top photo above my arm. And it has a forward and reverse transmission - also in the top photo on the floorboard below the steering wheel. It started out Turquoise Blue and in the 90's it was refurbished to it's current beauty.
Though I think it was a beauty before, too.
(A long term customer has bought and restored another Biesemeyer. They're bringing to the Park in July & I can't wait to see it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment