Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gone

051909: I was away all day today from the crack of morning to late afternoon.

While I was away, there were not one, but two sailboats enjoying the calm day on the lake. I caught a photo of both, but liked this single boat photo better.

I love the freedom of sailing and am fortunate to have been numerous times. Years ago, down in Cancun, I "learned" how to sail a small boat alone, and after a week of lessons during a vacation my teacher entered me in a rigada. I didn't think I was ready. He did. I lost. I was right. In fact I think came in last place. But that did not stop me from coming back the next day for my final lesson. I got stung by a small stingray during that lesson. Funny enough, that did stop me from sailing again. That little bugger hurt!

I would much rather swim in the waters of Topaz Lake these days or watch and photograph the sailboats that pass by our back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment