Sunday, May 10, 2009

Masma

051009: Hubby & I spent the most relaxing day together. Something we needed to do, wanted to do. We left our little paradise in capable hands and ventured off to Nevada (!) for a day of shopping, eating & more shopping. It was a good day.

During our day out I thought of a lady I knew years ago named Katherine. She was a character & a half! She passed away at the age of 89 and I went to her memorial. I had noticed long before then that her family called her "Masma." I never knew why they called her "Masma" (guess I never thought to ask), but I found out at the memorial. One of her many daughters explained that Katherine was the "Ma" to many "Mas" (her daughters), hence all the grandchildren called her "Ma's Ma" - say it fast and she became "Masma" to all her family. I have always thought it was one of the most endearing terms.

So to all the Mas and Masmas (& more!) - Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment