Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wet, Really Wet

053109: I don't know what the heck is up with the weather lately!
Years ago it was not uncommon to have a summer thunderstorm nearly every afternoon. The last few days have been reminiscent of those days. And it's been muggy! I'm accustomed to being dried out and cracked most of the time. The change to moist air feels like someone threw a wet blanket on me and I can't get rid of it!
Today, the black clouds rolled in early promising to provide us more rain. They did, but not before it hailed! Yes, today it hailed ~ big, huge pea-sized hail. Okay, it wasn't huge hail, but it hailed a lot and it hurt!
I always manage to be outside during downpours and today was no exception. David was in town getting building supplies while I was running around dropping awnings that were pooling water on top. I was out at one point checking the docks (by then the hail and rain downpour had stopped.) It was raining only lightly and about 20 pelicans were swimming in unison around the docks. The scene was so breathtaking I wish I had my camera. Though I did take this one photo later (after I dried off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment