Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lake Level

052309: I wanted to post this photo on Friday, the day of downpour, but the downpour photos won out.
On Friday we were out and about cleaning up this and that around the Park, getting ready for our incoming customers for the holiday weekend.
Already the thunderclouds had started to develop. I took my camera with me to take photos from a different view in the Park. I liked how this scene is framed and it shows how far the water was come up. As the lake rises, the water kills off the weeds, a.k.a. the "hayfield" on the shoreline. You can easily tell the high water mark from the previous year as the hayfield only grows above it. In this photo, the water level this year has passed the water from last year has it is well into the hayfield. Did you get that?
All it really means is that the water higher this year than last year, and there is still more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment