Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I Said RIGHT!"

052809: So, today was like any other day. Phones, paperwork, departures, pathetically and clumsily attempting to catch a Western Grebe tangled in fishing line from our kayak, cleaning the restrooms and arrivals.

What? Don't you think that sounds like a normal Topaz day?

Yes, you read that right - we cleaned the restrooms because our favorite restroom user arrived today. We wanted to make sure they were sparkly clean for him.

What's that? You want to know about that Grebe? The one that we attempted to catch to free him of his entanglement? He refused to be caught despite our best efforts. And after 3 hours in a kayak - okay maybe 20 minutes - and getting soaking wet (I will choose the front of the kayak in the future) and repeatedly reminding my hubby that conversation carries far across calm waters - especially conversation including swear words - we decided to quit our rescue efforts.

It was a good decision as I didn't want to have to say in the future: "We got divorced because of a stupid Western Grebe."
At the end of the day, I had no new photos. I took this one Memorial Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment