Saturday, March 28, 2009

No Sammy Hagar

032809: I had to go to town today. A real quick trip. "Town" is Gardnerville/Minden, NV. It is the closest place to do shopping, banking, etc. Going to town is only a 20 mile drive or 20 minutes. I love rural time!
The drive is relaxing. I often set my cruise control at 55, turn on the music and enjoy the drive. I'm definitely one of those rural drivers who slow down other cars as I poke along on the highway.
I love the drive back home especially. About 5 miles from the lake the Sweetwater Mountain Range comes into sight, growing in the distance. These are the mountains in the distance past the South end of Topaz Lake.
In case you are wondering, I set my camera up on the dashboard and took this photo (and others) with my techy little remote. Both hands were on the wheel, I promise. Afterall if I'm going to drive 55 why start living dangerously now?

No comments:

Post a Comment