Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Business of Soul

030509: After we close in October we hibernate in the winter. Recuperate in the winter. It's necesarry for us to go from "60 to 0" and become solitary people for awhile.

Come late winter, we begin to emerge from our cave and interact with the world at large. I set about working on reservations and we become busy little bees, readying ourselves for your arrival. It is not unusual at all for me to call many people this time of year and hear the same phrase repeatedly: "I can't believe you called, I've been needing to call you!"

During these phone calls, I get caught up on all the latest news, personal or otherwise, and it is always good to talk to you all again. Though sometimes a phone call can be so much more than that. Sometimes I hear such heartbreaking news and it truly touches me. All of our customers are friends, lifetime or even if we just met: You are not defined by the title "customer" alone.

To my friend, Sheila, and to my friend, Daryl: You and your families are in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment