Friday, March 13, 2009

Writing's on the Wall

031309: Are you superstitious? I never have been and even today someone pointed out to me that today is "Friday the 13th." I personally get more concerned about the 13th falling on a Monday. I asked a few customers their favorite example of a superstitious phrase. A lady in our Park gave me this one: "If you get your belly wet when doing your laundry, you will marry a drunk." That is definitely a new one on me!

Superstitious or not....the fishermen and fisherwomen were fishing today. All were happy to report that they were catching fish now that full moon was past. Hmmm...."fish don't bite during a full moon"....is that a superstition or an ol' wives' tale? Or an excuse?

If you believe in the curse of Friday the 13th, beware as there are three this year. More than the average one or two per year!

No comments:

Post a Comment