Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Cabin

031909: Over 50 years ago the land that Topaz Lake RV Park sits on was purchased and soon after the Park was developed in stages over a 10 - 15 year period.

The Cabin was the first and original structure on the property, used exclusively by the owners until the "new" house was built in the late '60's. I have vivid memories of the Cabin when I was a child visiting Topaz. Several years ago when I refurnished the Cabin I bought furniture that was too big for the space. In my mind's eye the Cabin was bigger. Obviously my mind's eye was from my childhood!

The Cabin remains today, now part of a compound of buildings and barely noticeable in their shadow. However, it still holds the memories of the many owners and inhabitants that have passed through it. And it continues to be an important part of our Park and lives.

2 comments:

  1. I have great memories of the cabin...There was the time the kids and I spent spring break holed up in there playing video games (thank you David!) because it snowed the whole time... And the times Judd and I have stayed there. I love your little cabin! Can I make a reservation???

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come anytime! I get the fringe benefit of seeing you, too!

    ReplyDelete